Thursday, August 17, 2006

Voivoidesque self-promotion



Here's my review of Voivoid's new album for City Pages. It feels more like the Saints, thanks to its exuberantly rotten mood. It's the best post-punk whatever record I've heard in a while, and you'll find it in your "heavy metal" section.

The line shoulda been "it's as much as about winter warriors in a Tolkien story as Space Oddity was about stranded astronauts, which is sort of but not really". Oh, whatever, minor nitpick. Rest in peace, Piggy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark D. said...

Criminy, fookin' VOIVOD makin' the postpunk lists! The only thing I truly remember was a song called "Fuck Off and Die" from when I was in high school a gazillion years ago... maybe it was a cover?

Great review though. Much better than the limp-wristed name-dropping and adverb-spittin shit I've seen in the CP of late...

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home