Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cleaning out the Cobwebs

Sometimes you need to clear your head of the avant woodwind abstractions, the laments of the wanna-be Viking , Ibiza dance anthems and, yes, even the Scorpions.

Lately I've been drawn to music that's cleaner and more minimal, like modern furniture for the mind - all the electronica stuff I intellectually appreciated when my buddy Jason from Detroit would tape it for me in the mid-90s, but now I'm starting to really dig.

I'd been listening to this one Techno/house station on Pandora.com, and this instrumental disc had been showing up in heavy rotation. I loved it because it was clean, simple, and often very witty and melodic. So, I bit the bullet and bought it.





Kind of like Pell Mell but more minimal and no guitars. That gently twisted feel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home